Acknowledging the importance of cream level communication skills among the students joining the campus from diversified background, Communique, the official soft skill society, provides a strong platform in this direction. The society works under the vice president of the technology student’s gymkhana, IIT Kharagpur. The team organizes vivid and varied events throughout the session taking care of almost all the aspects i.e. communication skills, team work skills, interpersonal relation skills etc to polish the overall soft skills. Communique functions with the help of an efficient student staff that includes :
Selections : In first / second week of Autumn Semester . Auditions are held for second years for the post of Secretary and for freshers for Membership . Group Discussion and Personal Interview are held to select our team in the most unbiased and creative way . Since we believe in training and inspiring all , no pre-requisites are expected from any candidate whatsoever .
Through this article, we are providing an insight on the events that will be conducted in the upcoming days.
• English Learning Program : The project aims at helping the freshers to nerve themselves in getting adapted in the world completely ruled by English. Communique is working in collaboration with experts to assess the level through tests and then conducting classes solely aimed at removal of bottled up ailments. The team appreciates the enthusiasm with which the freshers turned up for the test.
• Inter Drive FT Panel : An interactive session with students who did foreign training in their pre-final year covering up the issues such as how to apply & what to expect in training & research work at foreign universities.
• GD Workshop : Group discussion on the topics of various genres to brush up the skill of presenting yourself in the professional world.
• CAT Workshop : Interactive sessions on written ability, mock Personal Interviews for aspirants and qualifiers .
• Design Thinking Workshop : Google Students' Club teams up with Communique to train and inspire you to creatively solve common industrial problems .
• Fresher's Events : Interesting and appealing events such as “What's the Good Word” , “Just A Minute” aimed at building confidence and improving soft skills of our very own First Years .
• Intern Panel for Sophomores !
• Workshop on Consulting : Final Year Students share exemplary skills in field of Case Study and Projects . This event notes presence from all departments.
• Placement Drive :CDC (Career Development Cell ) , IIT KGP collaborates with Communique annually to organize this quintessential workshop . The event focusses on -
*Seminars on GD/PI , CV making , e-mail etiquettes .
*Practice Sessions with individual feedback .
*Doubt Clearing and Last Minute Tips .
Apart from these , do keep checking our official facebook page (www.facebook.com/communique.iitkgp?fref=ts) for an unprecedented chance is waiting to stumble up on you .